What happens when I die?

When you die it is important that whoever is looking after your affairs lets us know as soon as possible. We can then stop your pension and put in place any new pensions which are due. This will help us make sure we don't make any overpayments and have to claim back money.

What should the person who is looking after my affairs do?

In the event of your death we will require whoever is looking after your affairs to contact us and to give us the following information:

  • Your name, address and date of death

  • Your payroll reference number and National Insurance number, these can be found on a recent pay slip or your P60

  • The name and address of your next of kin

  • The name and address of the person looking after your affairs if they are not your next of kin

  • Sight of the death certificate

Alternatively, you can make use of the government's "Tell Us Once" service which allows you to report a death to most government organisations in one go. The Registrar will give you details about this. Watch a video explaining how the "Tell Us Once" service works.

Can't find the answer to your question? Our team is always on hand.

Contact us